1. Mint flavored anything. The flavor of mint instantly transports me into holiday season mood. Pair chocolate and mint, and I am in a winter wonderland. I can’t get enough of the stuff, and the trails of foil wrappers left around the house prove that.
2. My kidskin leather gloves (made in a small glove shop in Florence, Italy). I’ve had them for years, and every winter when it is time to take them out, they are buttery soft.
3. The cold weather. Yes, I love it. The bare trees, the feeling that the air is so crisp it is made of glass, how amazing it feels when you hold a hot drink in your hand, or walk in a warm building after facing the blustery cold, and how even more amazing it feels to slip under the warm covers of the bed at night.
4. Speaking of cold weather…I love how everyone looks like Eskimos around winter time…the hats, the gloves, the boots, the scarves, and the red noses.
5. Eggnog. When I first heard of eggnog, it sounded disgusting. And the first time I tried it, I thought it tasted gross. But now, I love the stuff with its creamy, sugary, nutmegy goodness.
6. Homemade hot chocolate made with 1 heaping tablespoon of Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa, 1 cup warmed milk, 1/4 cup warmed cream, sugar to taste. And topped with these mini marshmallows. Not only are they delicious with a mild vanilla flavor, but they are made with fish gelatin (not bovine or porcine), which means I can eat them!
7. Homemade fudge. I love fudge anytime of the year, but especially in the winter. Best fudge recipe: Heidi Swanson’s Fantasy-ish Fudge. It has the sugary smooth texture of fudge that I prefer over the creamy kind, and it tastes yum!
8. The anticipation of Z-Bear’s first snow! Which means we get to bundle him up and take tons of cute pictures of him. Let’s just hope the weather doesn’t disappoint.
9. Creams, lotions and body washes that are scented like holiday baked treats. Especially the Philosophy holiday collection.