Lil Z-Bear, you keep growing so fast, I don’t even have time to document new things you are learning before you do something even cuter. Each and every one of them endear you even more to me cub. Here is a list of a few things you’ve been doing since you turned 7 months old that have me entranced!
– You are sitting up unsupported and even reaching for things. I love how you look up at us with an awestruck look on your face that says “Hey, I’m actually doing this!” And yes, sometimes I succumb to fits of laughter when you wobble, topple over, and fall back. It’s just so darned cute.
– You don’t quite babble. Instead, you sing. It sounds sweet as a bird, with low and high pitches and some humming thrown in between.
– When you cry, you utter something that sounds a lot like “Mumma”. I thought it was just me hearing something I’ve been longing to hear, but your papa definitely hears it too.
– You happily eat everything that we feed you. And you open your mouth wide as soon as you see a spoon.
– You lift up your legs and grab on to your feet when we change you or after a bath. It melts my heart every time you do.
– When you roll over, you give us a look that says “Look what I just did guys, now ooh and aah over me!” And you wait patiently for mama or papa to animatedly acknowledge what you just did, and then you smile.
– You are an AMAZING sleeper; I can’t believe how lucky we are with that! My favorite part is how you rub your face and eyes, and we know that’s the signal to put you to bed.
– You love to drink water and juice from your sippy cup (With our assistance. We help you hold the cup since you can’t drink all by yourself yet). Also, it only took a handful of tries before you got the hang of it! And when mama and papa drink a glass of water you absolutely MUST have a sip of it also. And I am amazed at how well you can drink from a glass if we hold it to your lips.
– I love the way your eyes observe every minute detail around you, and the way your hands grab things and feel the texture of walls, cloths, carpets, floor, and toys. You have become quite the thinker lately and you seem a much more serious baby who is in awe of the world and your surroundings.
– With all the things that have changed as you have gotten older, I am glad about something that hasn’t: your smell. That familiar Lil Z-Bear smell that lingered the first day I held you in my arms is still there in your clothes, your toys, and every time I pick you up.